Diary of a Dublin Landlady

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Day Two De-Tox

Not scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and strong coffee
The irony of the juice diet is you've no energy to exercise, the dog is looking forlorn as I skip her daily walk, though the storms, grey skies and relentless rain would put you off anyway. OK, it's only day two, so the energy should be back by tomorrow, it says that on the tin.

The great comfort is my neighbour, Kerry, with two small children, also back in college - in Limerick! - is doing this too. We had a smoothie breakfast together. We're going to work in our bedrooms, as far away as possible from the usual desk, where snacking is a reward.

I wrote three articles last week, including a review on a ski trip in France I did the week before, went to college every night and out all weekend, no bother.

I didn't sleep last night, with the orchard of apples, plantation of bananas and field of beetroot that's inside me.

If I had to walk to the shops now, I couldn't. But it's only 11.45, I've tidied up a review of Morlaix in Brittany, for this week's Sunday Independent, and next up is a law assignment Zzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment