Diary of a Dublin Landlady

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Thanks Google and Friends

 


How about this for a birthday surprise, I went in search of something and this came up, I thought, 'oh someone famous has the same birthday,' and scrolled over it, it said 'Happy Birthday Deirdre,' I gave Cost Centre #2 such a fright calling him to see it in case it disappeared. 'Only you get it mom, it's not on everyone's computer.' But still, a good use of algorithms and personal data.
 
As if that wasn't enough of a surprise, gorgeous Primary School friend arrived first thing with flowers, home-made tira misu, birthday candle and divine china cup and saucer. All the things the heroine of my novel loves. And me. At last, let's call her Vyvienne (because that's what her parents named her) is a sight for sore eyes. Just before she arrived I tore out to the front door to prevent the dog eating the cards the postman tried to deliver, I don't mind her chewing the corners off bills but just as I salvaged the TWO (!) she got thunderously sick, before my breakfast. Happily there were no lodgers around to hear the string of expletives.

After a birthday blow-dry from the best hairdresser in town JH Haircare on Highfield Road, I highly recommend. It's time for a disco nap to prepare to go out with the girls I didn't see on Friday, thank you all for turning up this time! And even better, lodger/friend Triss coming too ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment