Diary of a Dublin Landlady

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Be Generous - Tweet Good Thoughts



I hadn't anticipated becoming a twitterati, nor indeed still writing a blog mid-year, there's only so much you can say about your gentleman lodgers and your cost centre sons before they come crashing down on you. Gentleman Lodger #1 to the best of my knowledge doesn't even know there is a blog. The longer he is here though, the more bewildered he seems, something to do with the late rugby nights he keeps and the fact that landlady has been going into Oireachtas Hearings. It's so nice not to have too much discourse at home; just a passing comment from CCs and GL#2 suffices. I don't want to go into detail with a man who likes to keep things simple.

But GL#1 (Adam as he was the first on planet landlady) must have noticed how busy I've got, I haven't had time to do his washing, a bad habit to have gotten into anyway. Especially when the Cost Centres came home from Life festival in Belvedere (go google) with sacks of rancid clothes and now there's a right back-up.

I thought it was a bit of a swizz that Groove Armada pulled out of the festival, though the last minute replacement with Leftfield wasn't bad, amazingly enough I have both of their actual first CDs. I know that's amazing because the Cost Centre's are confused that I had their music before them.

Speaking of Leftfield, I was invited to the United African Nations celebration of their Golden Jubilee on Saturday and roped blonde Racquel along. Great hair, great costumes (not us). There was a doctor from Galway doing wine samples from her distributorship (Kinnegar Wines) of South African tipples. She worked in a hospital as a cardiologist and was taking the train back that night. Amazing what people do...the second Reisling was my favourite, the fourth sample pretty much meant it was time to go and eat. Saturday night, no bookings, after a big rugby match? Best to turn up needy, we got a high table in Keshk, the place where you can bring your own wine, amid two 30th birthday parties, a good reason to hurry the (very good) food and move on.

It still being early we joined friends in the calm garden of Dylan, rested on comfy sofas and toasted Sir Leigh's birthday.  You see, one of the ideas of tweeting is to be generous, so I'm mentioning all the nice people I met.

It's a good thing in life too, not imposing your anxieties, prejudices and ideologies on others who don't share them. I’m only beginning to discover the cut-throat raw edge of politics and campaigners of late. And I'm just an on-looker.

No comments:

Post a Comment